Here are the reasons why Australia is one of the most popular destination for international students.
- Top ranked universities: The quality of education is high with over 40 accredited universities in Australia.
- Multi-Cultural Society: Australians value the wealth of cultural diversity and social sophistication that international students bring to the campuses and communities.
- Most Livable Cities: Australia has 7 cities ranked in top 75 best student cities in the world. (According to QS Best student cities)
- Qualification Recognition: Graduates from Australian universities are highly sought after by international employers.
- Work Opportunities: International students who want to earn money for living expenses during their stay can work up to 40 hours per fortnight in Australia.
- Scholarships: Australian government makes generous investments into international education.
Australia’s education system
International students can enjoy a diverse range of study options in Australia.
You can study at all levels of education from
- primary and secondary school,
- to vocational education and training (VET),
- from English language courses
- to higher education (including universities).
And regardless of what you are studying or how long you are studying for, Australia’s laws promote quality education and protection for international students.
What are the study costs in Australia?
Compared to some other western countries, studying in Australia is not as expensive. As an international student, you’ll be expected to pay your tuition fees well in advance for each study period.
Here is the list of cost of studying in Australia at different levels in Australian dollars:
- School – up to $30,000 per year
- Undergraduate Bachelor Degree – $15,000 to $33,000*
- Postgraduate Master’s Degree – $20,000 to $37,000*
- Doctoral Degree – $14,000 to $37,000*
* Note: This doesn’t include high value courses like veterinary or medical.
Employment opportunities in Australia
As an international student in Australia, you can work 40 hours fortnightly during your studies. University qualified students are high in demand in Australia, across wide range of disciplines including Accountancy, Engineering and Professional Services. So, there is a great chance to gain employment opportunities when you graduate.
A step-by-step guide to Application & Visa Process
Australia has a strict visa system. Do not worry, we can help guide you through the process and give you the best chance of success.
Here’s how it works:
- Register with Study Square and talk with an Education Counsellor
- Choose a course according to your areas of interest
- Shortlist a university that suits your preferences, entry requirements and budget
- Apply for the Australian university with our assistance
- Get counselling on visa from our experts
- Pay financial deposits
- Receive COE (Confirmation of Enrolment) from the university
- Apply for your visa with our help
- Attend our pre-departure session and get ready to depart for Australia