PTE Academic is the first entirely computer-based English language test for international study. PTE Academic scores are accepted by most of the institutions and approved for all UK, Australian and New Zealand visa and immigration categories. Test sessions can be scheduled up to 24 hours in advance, 365 days a year.
The test assesses the four skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing. It lasts approximately 3 hours and provides a score based on the GSE (Global Scale of English).
Throughout the test you need to answer 20 different questions types.
Part 1: Speaking and Writing (77 – 93 minutes)
Part 2: Reading (32 – 4- minutes)
Part 3: Listening (45 – 57 minutes)
The Global Scale of English aligns with a variety of popular tests and scales around the world. Scores for some item types are based on correctness alone, while others are based on correctness, formal aspects and the quality of the response.
Correct or incorrect: If responses are correct, a score of 1 score point will be given, but if they are incorrect, no score points are awarded.
The PTE Academic Score Report includes your overall score, communicative skills scores and enabling skills scores. The overall score reflects your overall English language ability. The score is based on performance on all items in the test. The range for the overall score is 10-90 points.
Scores for communicative skills (listening, reading, speaking and writing) are based on all test items that assess these skills, either as a single skill or together with other skills. The range for each communicative skill score is 10-90 points.
Scores for enabling skills (grammar, oral fluency, pronunciation, spelling, vocabulary and written discourse) are based on all test items assessing one or more of these skills. The range for each enabling skill score is 10-90 points.
The display of the scores in a graph allows you to quickly see your strengths and weaknesses, and how each skill relates to your overall performance.
Test Registration Process
You can find the test centres of PTE and https://pearsonpte.com/the-test/test-centers-and-fees/
Standard Price – INR 13,300
Test day checklist:
You must provide an acceptable identification document to take a PTE test. This will usually be your passport.
- The same ID details shared when booking the test must be presented by the test taker on the day of the test.
- The name on the ID should exactly match the name used when booking the test.
- If you fail to produce the required ID you will not be allowed into the test room and will lose your test fee.
- Copies will not be accepted. The original document must be provided. No other ID will be accepted at the test center.
- When you arrive at the Pearson test center our Test Center Administrators will guide you through our check in process to make sure you understand and are comfortable with our rules and procedures.
- They will request copies of your ID, ask for a digital photograph and signature, scan your palm, assign you a locker to check-in your belongings, and ensure you are ready for your test.